AlphaComm-U is a motorized slip ring commutator that senses and tracks rotations induced in the tethers connected to an animal in any free moving set-up. This ensures that the tethers are free of entanglement while the animal moves in the arena.
AlphaComm U commutator ensures an ultra-quiet environment for recording due to superior electrical shielding.
AlphaComm U is powered by a Lithium-ion battery that lasts at least 6 hours on one charge. It charges by DC 5V power.
No computer interface is required for operation.
Features and benefits• Can be adapted to any data acquisition system in the market
• 36 slip rings
• High-resolution sensing
• Ability to control speed and sensitivity
• Compatible with optogenetics (up to 4 fibers)
& liquid tubes
• Compatible with a variety of arena sizes and
• Simple and stable mounting mechanism
Ergonomic design and ports layout
The commutator is ideal for
• Free moving rodents
• Long session experiments
• advanced electrophysiology setups
with external connections (liquid tubes/sensors)