Technical Sales Engineer - NY. United States
Alpha Omega “AO” is a medical device company and a leading manufacturer of Microelectrode Recording equipment for Neurosurgery and Neuroscience research. AO customers include world-renowned Neurosurgeons and Neuroscientists. AO product lines include several FDA approved medical devices for use in functional neurosurgery as well as a complete line of research equipment for neuroscience labs.
Sales duties include:
- Self-starter and willing to meet sales quotas
- Call on customers in university academic and hospital clinical settings
- Support customers and train them on proper use of the equipment
- Assist with trade-shows and marketing events
- Perform on-site technical sales demonstrations both in office, lab and during surgical procedures in demo and selling environment
- Transfer customer specifications to production department for custom orders
- Effective communication to parent company
Support duties include:
- Installation of new systems and training customers and their subordinates
- Providing technical customer service and support
- Assist in R&D tasks
- Collect feedback from customers and assist in defining future products
- Assist sales in after service contracts and customer satisfaction
- Manage customer reports and satisfaction surveys
- Effectively schedules travel with management to have optimal support and applications travel and expense
- Evaluates system potential by testing compatibility of new released programs with existing programs
- Achieves support objectives by gathering pertinent data; identifying and evaluating options; recommending a course of action
- Improves existing programs by reviewing objectives and specifications; evaluating proposed changes; recommending changes; making modifications
- Maximizes use of hardware and software by training users; interpreting instructions; answering questions
- Maintains system capability by testing all released components
- Maintains historical records by documenting hardware and software changes and revisions
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed or assigned by management
Applicants should meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Neuroscience, Biomedical Engineering or life sciences.
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must be good with troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs, and must be physically fit to stand for long hours in the operating room.
- Must be willing to travel 60% of time.
Suitable candidates are requested to send their resume and a cover letter
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
Salary: $56,000.00 to $74,000.00 /year