Alpha Omega together with Prof. Bergman and Prof. Israel and their colleagues from the Hebrew University – Hadassah medical school
Jerusalem, Israel, developed HaGuide. A real-time software solution designed to accurately detect the STN region and its entrance and exit boundaries using microelectrode recording during surgery.
The software robustly detects intra STN detection of Dorso Lateral Oscillatory Region (DLOR) and Ventro Medial non-oscillatory region (VMNR) boundaries and recommend the optimal location for stimulation to the neurosurgeon.
The HaGuide SW is integrated into the Neuro Omega and NeuroSmart systems for targeting the STN during deep brain stimulation (DBS) procedures.
- Simplifies the analysis of the recorded data real time analysis
- Accurately displays the location of the electrode(s) in the brain, by integrating additional Alpha Omega software solutions for intraoperative planning.
- Stimulation recommendation
"After thirty years of experience with
microelectrode recording in different settings,
I decided to test HaGuide in some surgeries:
HaGuide is the ultimate advising tool for
interpreting microelectrode recording."
"Automatic systems overcome the bias of
human operators and enable better STN
targeting where electrophysiology
interpretation of MER data is not available"
- José Luis Relova, MD, PhD, Santiago Clinic
- Prof. Hagai Bergman, MD, PhD, Hadassah