- Key Features
Alpha Omega, together with Prof. Hagai Bergman and Prof. Zvi Israel and their colleagues, developed HaGuide a real-time software solution designed to accurately detect the Subthalamic Nucleus (STN) region and its entrance and exit boundaries using microelectrode recording during surgery.
The HaGuide robustly detects subregion boundaries in the STN; Dorso Lateral Oscillatory Region (DLOR) and Ventro Medical non-oscillatory region (VMNR). Once the HaGuide has identified the STN in all trajectories, it recommends the optimal location for stimulation to the neurosurgeon.
The HaGuide SW is easily integrated into the Neuro Omega and NeuroSmart systems for targeting the STN during deep brain stimulation (DBS) procedures.
- Stimulation Recommendation location
- Simplifies the analysis of the recorded data real time analysis
- Displaying the location of the electrode accurately in the brain, by integrated software solutions for Intraoperative Planning
- Easy and clear identification of the STN entry and exit.
- Detection of a distinct DLOR-VMNR boundary.
- DisplaysReal-time Root Mean Square- (RMS) and Power Spectrum Density-(PSD) graphs.
- Automatic Driving under user control via remote control
- Automatic movement to stimulation location under user control
"After thirty years of experience with
microelectrode recording in different settings,
I decided to test HaGuide in some surgeries:
HaGuide is the ultimate advising tool for
interpreting microelectrode recording."
"Automatic systems overcome the bias of
human operators and enable better STN
targeting where electrophysiology
interpretation of MER data is not available"
- José Luis Relova, MD, PhD, Santiago Clinic
- Prof. Hagai Bergman, MD, PhD, Hadassah
- User Interface